Ensure Accessibility Inclusion
Something is accessible when people with disabilities are afforded the opportunity to acquire the same information, have the same access, engage in the same interactions, and utilize the same services as easily and effectively as people without disabilities.
DO-IT works across all of the AiiCE constellations to ensure that activities and outputs are accessible to individuals with disabilities by:
- incorporating relevant disability, accessibility, and inclusive design content into curricula, web content, and other materials;
- designing meetings, trainings, and other events to ensure that they are delivered in an accessible manner;
- incorporating disability-related issues and engaging individuals with disabilities in project evaluation and research;
- recruiting individuals with disabilities as participants; and
- providing input on policy development to be inclusive of issues relevant to individuals with disabilities.