Be a change agent for identity-inclusive computing education.
AiiCE is a community of educators, organizations, government agencies and industry professionals whose shared vision is to make computing education inclusive and equitable through collective impact.
"We are passionate about removing the systemic barriers that have long impacted who can pursue computing courses and degrees."
Together, we have the power to transform computing education!
You’re invited to join AiiCE at the organizational or individual levels. Choose one to get started.
As a Member Organization, you will collaborate with other Senior Personnel to develop and/or support programs, resources, and activities that aid our vision. Member organizations are aligned with our shared vision and contribute to our efforts in four potential areas: Professional Development, Research, Curricula & Pedagogy, and Policy.
AiiCE provides opportunities for member organization engagement in various ways. This may include:
- Participating in professional development activities that aim to educate CS educators and teaching assistants on identity-inclusive topics.
- Collaborating on the identification, creation, and implementation of identity-inclusive courses, modules, and effective practices, along with improving learning pathways during the last two years of high school and the first two years of college.
- Contributing to policy discussions to influence postsecondary accreditation policies and empower high-school CS teachers to advocate for state-level, identity-inclusive policies.
- Engaging in mixed-methods research to measure the impact of AiiCE activities on CS educators and undergraduate cultural competence, department climates, and undergraduate entry, retention, and course/degree completion.
As a member organization, your engagement with AiiCE can make a meaningful difference in promoting inclusivity in computer science education.
Strategic Partners play a vital role in sustaining Alliance efforts by offering valuable resources, such as financial support and capacity-building. Our strategic partners play a crucial role in equipping us with the necessary resources and expertise to sustain our vital work, ensuring that we remain at the forefront of developing identity-inclusive policies. Some avenues through which you can support us:
- Providing financial resources to uphold the overarching mission of the Alliance.
- Offering capacity-building resources that enhance a specific activity within the Alliance.
- Allocating financial resources to support targeted initiatives that align with the Alliance's goals.
- Providing capacity-building resources aimed at strengthening the overall mission and effectiveness of the Alliance.
As a Strategic Partner, your support in these areas will have a significant impact on the success and achievements of the Alliance.
AiiCE Affiliates participate in long-term AiiCE activities (e.g., 3C Fellows and K-12 Teacher Policy Committee), leverage resources, and/or contribute to the growing body of knowledge on IIC education.