AccessComputing works to increase the participation of people with disabilities in computing education and careers.
- Post-secondary students with disabilities majoring in computing fields can join the AccessComputing Team. Team members participate in online mentoring community activities, attend conferences, and participate in research experiences.
- Educators and employers can join an AccessComputing Community of Practice to learn about accessibility or request advice about disability inclusion and accessibility.
Meetings, Trainings, and Other Events
- Universal Design of Projects, Conference Exhibits & Professional Organizations
- Accessibility and Universal Design in Online Meetings
- SIGACCESS Accessible Conference Guide
- SIGACCESS Accessible Virtual Conference Guide
- Autistic Advocacy’s Holding Inclusive Events Planning Guide & Checklist (PDF)
Accessible departments and teaching
- Equal Access: Universal Design of Computing Departments
- Equal Access: Universal Design of Computer Labs
- Working Together: Faculty and Students with Disabilities
- The Center for Universal Design in Education
- Developing Organizational Policies on Web Accessibility
- IT Accessibility Guidance – Make Digital Content Accessible
- Accessibility in Third-Party Products and Services
Teaching about Accessibility